3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Void Filling Compound 3524 B/A
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Void Filling Compound 3524 B/A is a two-part flame-retardant epoxy. Scotch-Weld™ 3524 B/A is suitable for various projects and can be used as an abradable compound in aircraft engines and as edge sealing and void filling. This compound not only has the ability to cure to a strong and low-density material but also complies with the requirement of F.A.R. 25.853 (a) and (b) for flammability. The thixotropic properties allow ease of application allowing efficiency and cost saving.
- Ease of application due to thixotropic properties
- Sandable within three hours of mixing
- Has a curing time of 48 hours at 75°F (24°C)
- Suitable for bonding inserts
- Reinforces honeycomb panels edges and provides impact resistance.
- Void filling
- Edge sealing
- Used as an abradable compound in aircraft engines